Saturday, March 12, 2016

Project Proposal

Project Abstract: In a paragraph of approximately 200 words, provide an overview (or abstract) of your proposed Global EDGE Project. Please include in your abstract the following items associated with your project: who, what, where, when, why, and how.
For my Global EDGE Project, I will be doing a study abroad program in Germany, Switzerland, and France. It will be a SUU Faculty-Led Study Abroad Program in June of 2016. I want to do this project to extend my ability to empathize with other cultures, by learning about them first hand. We will be studying Frankenstein for the 200th anniversary of the book's publication. While I am there I will study biology, because Frankenstein was the first Science Fiction Novel ever published. I will also study the novel from a literary standpoint.

Project Details: 
Personal: In a paragraph of approximately 100 words, explain how your EDGE project is related to your personal motivations or how it will promote your career aspirations or both. What are your goals (personal and/or professional) in completing this project? What learning outcomes (new skills and/or knowledge) do you expect to achieve?

While I am in Germany, Switzerland, and France, I will be studying Frankenstein. I want to be a writer and Frankenstein is a classic novel that has withheld the text of time. This makes it a good inspiration. It is also a Science Fiction and Gothic novel, which is the same combination of genres as the series of books that I am currently writing. My books also take place in a society that is heavily influenced by European culture, so I think it will also be a really great way to do some research in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment